The Vape Mall Blog
CBD topicals are everywhere nowadays, as this delivery method has grown enormously in popularity in recent years. Topical are unique from other types of CBD-infused products in that they are applied to the skin rather than taken internally into the body. The majority of people who use topicals do so for pain and inflammation and find that this delivery method is uniquely capable of offering the relief that they are looking for.
How Do CBD Topicals Work?
CBD topicals refer to a category of hemp-infused products that are applied to the skin rather than taken internally. The main appeal of topicals is that they allow us to focus on one specific part of the body that is giving us difficulties. Because topicals are not taken internally, the cannabinoids do not get dispersed throughout the body. Instead, each application supplies one area with a concentrated dose of cannabinoids. The cannabinoids remain localized to the area of application, binding directly with the cannabinoid receptors in the skin, muscles, and joints for a uniquely targeted approach to finding relief.
What Can Topical Hemp Products Do for Pain and Inflammation?
Researchers have been studying the effects of topical CBD products to determine whether or not they are actually effective. As it turns out, studies confirm that applying CBD to the skin offers anti-inflammatory properties to the deep tissue below, in a way that can be useful for pain. The cannabinoid receptors that exist in the skin, joints and muscles are tasked with regulating inflammation in order to reduce pain and swelling.
How to Find the Perfect Topical for Pain and Inflammation
Yes, there are different types of topicals available but which formula you choose can determine its effects as it pertains to pain and inflammation.
Different Types of CBD Topical Products
- Balms: Geared toward issues pertaining to the skin because their consistencies do not absorb as easily through the skin. Balms have a waxy consistency that is rather thick, and on a molecular level, they struggle to work their way through the actual pores in order to reach the deep tissue on an adequate level.
- Salves: Have a similar consistency to balms, but they actually absorb more effectively into the muscles and joints. In fact, salves are a great choice for issues related to inflammation and pain because of how quickly they absorb. Their buttery consistency melts into the skin within seconds.
- Creams: Creams are another great choice, and their thick and rich consistency also offer moisture to the skin.
- Lotions: Lotions have a thinner consistency than creams, so they may absorb more quickly as a result.
- Massage Oils: Massage oils absorb well through the skin, and their spreadable consistency make them great for covering larger areas of the body.
- Gels: These are water-based, while creams, lotions, and massage oils are oil-based. Some believe that gels absorb the most efficiently of all because of their water-soluble nature, which helps them permeate the cells more effectively.
- Adhesive Patches: Work in a time-released manner, slowly infusing the deep tissue with controlled doses of cannabidiol. Most patches can be left on the skin for up to 48 hours, which could possibly offer more intensive relief.
- Bath Bombs: Aren’t technically applied to the skin. Instead, they are dropped into a warm bath, which infuses the bathwater with cannabidiol. While you soak in the tub, the cannabidiol absorbs through the skin and into the muscles and joints. Therefore, bath bombs are a good choice for someone with aches and pains all over their body.
Different Strengths of CBD
Topicals, like all hemp products come in a wide variety of milligram strengths. Naturally, the higher the milligram strength, the stronger the effects of the CBD. Therefore, be mindful of the milligram strength when selecting a topical formula. Choose the right strength based on the severity of your particular issue.
Topicals can contain all kinds of unique ingredients, and most topicals on the market contain all-natural formulas that rely on plant-based ingredients. A lot of topicals out there use more active ingredients than just hemp extract.
- For instance, you can find cooling topicals that use menthol to offer additional pain relief, as menthol can cool the tissue and desensitize pain receptors while reducing inflammation in a manner similar to ice.
- Then, there are topicals that contain warming ingredients like pepper extracts, which increase circulation to the painful area to help it heal more quickly.
- Other popular ingredients used in topicals include arnica, an herb commonly used for pain relief, and essential oils with anti-inflammatory properties.
Different Hemp Compounds
CBD topicals can contain one of three types of hemp extract.
- CBD Isolate: Offers pure cannabidiol to the affected area without any other hemp compounds. CBD has been found to offer anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity, as seen in the study cited above.
- Full Spectrum Hemp Extract: Contains every compound present in hemp. We recommend this for pain and inflammation because hemp contains a wide array of cannabinoids and terpenes that may contribute to the desired effects. Also allows for the entourage effect, which refers to the way in which using every compound in hemp together enhances bioavailability through synergy.
- Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract: THC-free alternative to full spectrum, which still provides a wide variety of cannabinoids and terpenes to the area that’s in pain. But it may be a bit less effective, due to lacking the entourage effect.
Make the Right CBD Topical Decision Today!
CBD topicals are easier to find than ever before, but that doesn’t mean that every topical solution on the market is equally capable of giving you the relief that you deserve. The next time you shop for a topical, consider the type of formula, its ingredients, its milligram strength, and the hemp compounds present in the product to find one that is the most likely to relieve your pain and inflammation.
It’s understandable that a lot of people who have an interest in taking CBD as part of their daily routine don’t know where to start, with so many unique types of products out there that all promise to deliver the best CBD experience possible. The delivery method in general is what makes it possible. This refers to the manner [...]
CBD, as we all know, offers an astounding variety of properties to the body, which is why so many of us take it daily. Many of us associate CBD with its blissful effects, which make it a great thing to reach for in the evening, especially at bedtime. But, as it turns out, many of the properties [...]
Have you embraced the world of CBD topicals yet? Many people don’t realize that topicals serve a specific purpose, making them quite complementary to internal administration methods like gummies, capsules, and tinctures. CBD topicals are specifically for treating localized issues, as opposed to taking cannabidiol into the body so that it may be distributed throughout every bodily system. [...]
Koi Naturals has become one of the most trusted brands in the CBD industry, with their enormous and diverse array of high-quality hemp-infused goods that allow us to take our daily routines to new heights. For those looking to experience CBD’s potential effects topically, the Koi Naturals CBD Healing Balm is an excellent way to go.Koi Naturals CBD [...]
When you apply a lotion to your skin, regardless of the nuances of the formula, you expect it to provide enough moisture to leave your skin feeling silky smooth. So, why is it that some lotions actually do the opposite? This can be especially frustrating if you’ve invested in a CBD lotion, which may be pricier than your [...]
Once we’re no longer in our early twenties, aging is inevitable, and a simple fact of nature. We all age differently, as the way in which we age is largely based on genetics, environmental factors, our physical health and even our stress levels.While we can’t stop the aging process from occurring, nor can we reverse it, more and more [...]
If you live an active lifestyle, then you know just how important it is to take care of your body when you’re not working out. After engaging in exercise, our body goes through the recovery process, and it’s crucial that we do everything that we can to support this natural process so that our muscles and joints [...]
Are you the type of person who loves summer, and could spend hours laying beneath the sun, soaking in all of that light and heat? If so, you probably know a thing or two about sunburn, which happens to just about all of us, as we have a tendency to stay in the sunshine for longer than [...]
Are you a fan of CBD topicals? There are many aspects of this delivery method that make it widely appealing to hemp users. For one thing, it allows users to completely target one specific part of their body. It also has a very fast onset time, and can provide effects for hours upon hours. Additionally, CBD [...]