- The Vape Mall Blog
- Going About Purchasing CBD the Right Way
Going About Purchasing CBD the Right Way
So, maybe you’ve finally come around to considering taking CBD in order to try to treat a symptom or condition that just won’t seem to go way. If that’s the case, now is the time to do it. Our industry is more popular than ever as additional research is showing that this compound might be able to help with a massive range of health concerns. Whether you’re trying to find a natural way to relieve some stress or you’re dealing with debilitating arthritis, it’s possible that CBD could assist you.
But, it’s very important that you know how to go about buying the right CBD product for your needs. Unfortunately, because CBD is not regulated by the FDA, it’s easy to end up buying a low-quality product that’s not nearly potent enough to give you the results that you want. Besides, there are a lot of different types of CBD products out there, and it’s crucial that you understand how they all differ from each other.
Luckily for you, we’ve made a very easy guide that will walk you through the entire process of selecting the right CBD product for your needs.
Know What You Want from Your CBD Experience
Before you look at different CBD products, ask yourself what it is that you want to get out of this compound. What is it that you’re trying to treat? How severe are your symptoms? How much CBD are you comfortable consuming at one time?
Research shows that CBD might be able to help with anxiety, depression, digestive ailments, immune system troubles, neurological symptoms, general pain and more. However, in order to choose the right product, you have to know what your particular needs are so that you can figure out the strength of CBD necessary as well as the type of product that’s best suited for your unique situation.
Understand How to Find a High-Quality Brand
Like we said earlier, there are a lot of hemp brands out there that aren’t making great products. New reports show that a massive number of CBD products on the market don’t actually do anything, mostly because they’re loaded with filler ingredients that water down the CBD content.
The good news is that there are a lot of great CBD brands out there as well. These companies are dedicated to making highly effective products that are as high in quality as possible. Of course, for a good, potentially effective product, you’re going to pay more.
And, as a rule of thumb, avoid CBD products that are sold in gas stations and convenience stores. These products are usually cheap and not effective enough to treat a particular health ailment.
One way to determine the quality of a hemp product is by figuring out the way in which it was extracted. The extraction process can determine how powerful the CBD is because certain processes damage the integrity of the plant’s chemical structure.
Most experts agree that the CO2 process is by far the best. This process involves applying pressure to the plant via carbon dioxide. It seems to most efficiently preserve all of the healing properties found within the plant material of hemp.
While there are other extraction processes out there, they are not believed to be as effective at maintaining CBD’s unique healing properties.
Another way to tell if a company makes high-quality products or not is by looking for third-party lab results on their website. These lab results give you information regarding the chemical composition of the CBD as well as the presence of any impurities. It will also tell you the strength of the hemp so that you can know with certainty that the product is potent enough to have the potential to work.
If you’re still not sure, read the company’s reviews. This way, you’ll know what other people are saying about the effectiveness of the brand’s particular hemp products.
Know the Type of Product You Wish to Use
Yes, there are a wide range of CBD products as well as types, so let’s dive right in.
Full Spectrum vs. Broad Spectrum vs. CBD Isolate
The first thing to determine is whether you want full spectrum, broad spectrum or CBD isolate.
- Full spectrum: Many experts believe that this type is the most beneficial. That’s because it contains CBD in addition to every compound found in the hemp plant. Researchers have found that when CBD is taken along with all of the other compounds that accompany it, it produces an entourage effect in which every compound multiplies the effectiveness of the others’ healing properties.
- Broad spectrum: Just like full spectrum except that it doesn’t contain any THC. The hemp plant naturally contains about 0.3 percent THC which is not nearly enough to produce psychoactive effects. Still, there are many people who wish to stay away from THC, either because they have a sensitivity to it, or they’re worried about its legal status.
- CBD isolate: Nothing but pure CBD. Isolated from all other plant material makes it highly concentrated. While not as popular, this type is used by people who want an extremely high concentration of this compound without any other plant material.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil
It’s also important to keep in mind that hemp oil and CBD oil are two different products. Hemp oil is not known for having potent healing properties like CBD oil.
Decarboxylated vs. Raw
The hemp plant contains a wide range of chemical compounds. Some of these compounds become far more bioavailable when heat is applied to them. The decarboxylation process involves activating these compounds with a small amount of heat. While it’s a very widely used process, some believe that this heat damages the healing properties of certain compounds in hemp.
Then, there’s raw CBD. In this case, no heat is applied to the plant material. It means that the compounds are not nearly as potent, but they’re more abundant and diverse.
Generally, it’s believed that if you’re looking for relief from more severe symptoms, decarboxylated is the way to go.
Tinctures, Edibles and More!
Next, we find ourselves pondering the differences between different CBD products.
- Edibles: Infused with CBD and meant to be ingested. CBD candies are especially popular. These tend to provide long-lasting effects but can take a couple of hours before those effects are felt.
- Tinctures: Oral tinctures combine CBD oil with a carrier oil. The tincture is placed beneath the tongue so that it absorbs through the tissue of the mouth. It provides effects for a few hours and takes effect pretty quickly.
- Creams and Other Topicals: Great for localized pain and issues that affect the skin. The CBD product is massaged into the affected area and can be used several times a day.
- Vape Oils: CBD vape oils combine CBD oil with propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin and, sometimes, flavoring ingredients. They’re used with a vape pen or vaporizer device. They provide effects very quickly and usually last for about an hour.
- Pet Products: Today, you can find tinctures and edibles for pets. Pets respond to CBD in the same way that humans do.
Next, it’s time to consider the CBD concentration that’s right for you. The concentration that’s best suited for your needs depends on two things: your unique body and the severity of your symptoms. For instance, if you’re trying to calm your stress after a long day of work, a lower concentration might be best. But, if you’re dealing with severe panic attacks, a higher concentration is probably better.
Also, the size of your body has a lot to do with how much CBD you should take. Still, it’s best to start with a low concentration and increase it as needed.
Making an Informed CBD Decision
By following this guide, you’ll be able to make the most informed decision in order to explore the many potential benefits that CBD has to offer.